Naomi Pulls Out Of Qatar Open

Sports News

The US open and Australian open champion Naomi Osaka pulled out of the upcoming Qatar open tournament after suffering from back injury, said the event’s organisers on Tuesday.

“I am sorry to have withdrawn from Doha this year as I was looking forward to playing and seeing my fans there.”- said the world’s number one, and two time grand slam winner. “I wish everyone a great week and hope to see you next year,” she concluded.

There was no given further information about the back injury. She withdrew from the Hong Kong open last year October with the same back problem. Her withdrawal will be a surprise to the Doha organisers who announced that her place as the top seed in the Qatar open will be taken by the woman she recently replaced as the world’s number one, Romania’s Simona Halep.

Naomi beat the Czech star Petra Kvitova in last year’s Qatar open win, in three sets in Melbourne to claim for second Grand Slam after upsetting Serena Williams at flushing meadows for the first one.

tshwanecapitall.co.za

Leave a Reply